Scholarship In University of Ghana/TDR 2023 Under Postgraduate And for Developing Countries.
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, School of Public Health at the University of Ghana, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a place in a full-time postgraduate programme with a focus on Implementation Research for the 2022–2023 academic year. Funding for these full scholarships is from TDR, the UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (https://tdr.who.int/). Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of the WHO African Region are eligible to apply.
Scholarships will be offered for academic session 2022–2023, for a one-year Programme in Public Health, leading to an MPH degree or MSc. in Applied Health Social Science. The programmes are taught in English.
Master’s Degree Scholarships (12 months full-time)
- Master’s in Public Health run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences) (12 months full-time)
- MSc. Applied Health Social Science (12 months full-time) run by the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences
About University of Ghana
The University of Ghana, the premier university and the largest university in Ghana was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948 for the purpose of providing and promoting university education, learning and research. The University has several research institutions and centres for learning and research, including Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIR), Centre for Tropical, Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Regional Institute for Population Studies, Institute for Environmental and Sanitation Studies, and the Institute for Statist…read more
University of Ghana/TDR Masters Scholarships
- OrganisationUniversity of Ghana
- Country to studyGhana
- School to studyUniversity of Ghana
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- GenderMen and Women
- Application DeadlineSeptember 9, 2022
Aim and Benefits of University of Ghana/TDR Masters Scholarships
The scholarship covers:
- one round-trip economy airfare between the student’s home country and Accra, Ghana;
- tuition and academic fees;
- basic medical and accident insurance;
- a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, including accommodation equivalent to local living costs; and
- support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
Requirements for University of Ghana/TDR Masters Scholarships Qualification
- be resident in and nationals of a low- or middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank) in the WHO African Region;
- be under 35 years old at the time of application;
- meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for international or local graduate students (for postgraduate admission requirements at University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page);
- be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty;
- be proficient in English;
- provide evidence of ability to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of the programme; and
- consent to meet health requirements in line with regulations of the Government of Ghana and the University of Ghana.
Checkout: How To Write A Scholarship Essay – Scholarship Essay Examples
September 9, 2022
ow to Apply
To apply for the University of Ghana (Master of Public Health Programme or Master of Science Applied Health Social Science) TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research:
- Step One (1): Click on the link and read more about the application requirement processes, then click on “APPLY NOW” when you are ready to begin the process. https://admission.ug.edu.gh/applying/postgraduate/how-apply-graduate-programmes
- Step Two (2): Select the appropriate option (either “GHANAIAN APPLICANT” or “INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT”, create an account, login and begin the application process. Be sure to select either Master of Public Health or Msc. Applied Health Social Science.
- Step Three (3): Once the first two steps have been completed, click on the link (https://apply.ug.edu.gh/admissions/tdr). Create an account and apply for the TDR Postgraduate Scholarship in Implementation Research (2022 academic year). Be sure to select either Master of Public Health (Social and Behavioral Science) or Msc. Applied Health Social Science. Complete all fields and upload the required documents before submitting.
Only applicants who have completed all three steps will be processed further.
For more details,visit TDR website
Follow the team on facebook page: facebook.com/topnigerianudo/