Latest Nasarawa State School of Nursing & Midwifery Lafia Admission Form is out 2023/2024 Admission.Requirements,Entrance Exam Date
Applicants MUST possess (5) credits in (SSCE/NECO or NABTEB) in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
How to Apply for Nasarawa State School of Nursing Form
Interested Candidates are to log on to www.nassnm.edu.ng to complete the application form.
- Log on to https://www.nassnm.edu.ng
- Click the APPLY NOW button
- Read requirements for admission
- Click the CREATE ACCOUNT button
- Select NURSING as School option
- Fill in the registration field to create an account.
- Confirm your account in your SMS or Email.
- Candidates are advised to generate their RRR from the internet not from the bank, please.
- Click PAY NOW button to proceed
- Print the payment slip and proceed to make payment at any bank location.
- Login to your account on the portal.
- Fill your personal data and education qualification to complete the application.
- Wait for test invite via SMS and/or Open announcement.
Candidates who score the desired entry points from the aforementioned assessments are selected for admission into the program(s).
The basic general nurse training is a general course open to young males and females of not less than 17 years of age at the time of admission (September)
a) BASIC NURSING AND BASIC MIDWIFERY
Holders of WASC or its equivalent with at least 5 credits passes including English, mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology at not more than 2 sittings.
WASC, G.C.E or NECO results should not exceed 10years from the date of sitting for the examination.
Other entry requirements for admission include certain categories of persons authorized by the nursing & midwifery council of Nigeria to spend a specified length of time in an approved training school in Nigeria before registration (foreign graduate nurses).
PERIOD OF INTAKE
Intake into the basic nursing training program is September of every year and March for the basic Midwifery program.
Entrance examination is as follows; June for basic nursing and December for post basic.
Successful candidates go through oral interview at dates fixed by the appropriate panel set up for this purpose.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
a) For basic nursing program, the successful candidates undergo three years of training. The same with Basic Midwifery.
b) Other categories are as recommended by the nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria.
Students are self sponsored but state Indigene are given monthly allowance to students on the basic nursing program.
The stipend will automatically cease after the release of the N&MCN professional examination results or if after the student had stayed for three and half years in school for whatever reason or if for any reason, the student discontinues the program with the school.
VERIFICATION OF RESULT
All the results presented by students on admission will be verified on admission by the school and any student found to possess forged or unauthenticated result will be expelled.
REGISTRATION AND SCHOOL FEES
Registration of new students usually last for a month from the day of resumption.
On the first day of registration students are expected to show evidence of payment of school fees as stipulated on the admission letter.
When collecting admission letters students are made to sign an undertaking which will be placed in their personal files as well as present the originals of their credentials.
Students are expected to make other payments which include; uniform, record of training booklet, examination and stationeries, handbook, harmonized code of ethics for nurses in Nigeria etc.
No student will be registered without the full payment of fees.
An orientation program is organized by the 2nd week of the registration process. It lasts for one week and all students (new) are expected to attend compulsorily.
During the orientation exercise, the principal introduces formally the teaching staff and other key officers to the new students; for the purpose of familiarization and offer advices to be of good behavior.
Note that subsequent payment of school fees are made during the course of the training; basic student nurses in the month of November annually.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
- Birth certificate/declaration of age (original)
- WAEC/NECO or NABTEB certificate (original) (Please note that NABTED cannot be combined with WAEC or NECO result.
- Testimonial for 6 years (original)
- Admission letter (original)
- Indigenization certificate (original)
- Photocopy of all credentials
- 4 passport photographs